The Daily Travelogue

Someone I really like once said. "While describing life's journey, it should be almost impossible to seperate fact from fiction - the truth from the myth - the man from the legend'. I completely agree.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Four Weeks and a Headache

Whenever I consume alcohol and get a little bit high I get thinking about life. But it has to be just the right kind of a high - where I start thinking not from my head but from way down - I mean the heart, you pervert! If it is less than that I act normally - too logical to be interesting. And if it is more than that...Well, I don't remember how I behave.

The point is it has to be the right point.

About 4 weeks back I started thinking again - from way down.
I was faced with the usual questions - What is my aim in life, What have I achieved so far? How I can get rich by tomorrow morning, How can I get laid? And so on...You get the drift, I hope.

I was young, I was intelligent, I was determined to have an answer this time and I wanted it now! So I began...

I thought - I struggled with my own self - I looked for answers in places I didn't even know existed - I racked my brains - I racked some of my closest friends' brains (Yes!) - I connected with my past - I disconnected with my past - I even cursed Bacardi and 'that' point.
But what I got for answers instead was more questions. Nothing seemed to work.

After 4 weeks of high stress, high anxiety, ruining endless telephonic conversations and botching up lunch with a close friend who thought I was in deep shock - I suddenly got it!

No, not the answer - but a severe headache.

I mean, come on! A guy gathers some courage (on a weekend!) - sits down to take a cold, hard impassionate look at Life and all he gets in return is more questions and a headache! Not fair - I say.

I decided to take revenge. After all, a Libran can only be that patient - and has to take a firm stand!

I quickly trashed all those questions and zapped myself back to normal Life. If life didn't care to give an introduction, I was fine by it. And that's the way it ended.

There's just one thing that really scares me still... I am not even sure that the headache was not the answer to my questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home