The Daily Travelogue

Someone I really like once said. "While describing life's journey, it should be almost impossible to seperate fact from fiction - the truth from the myth - the man from the legend'. I completely agree.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dog of Small Things

Any dog lover will wag his tail when he hears about dog being a man’s best friend. People on the other side of the fence (Others), on the other hand, will bark that it’s a dog eat dog world.

If the world was divided between Dog lovers and Others, I would love to warm the benches on the side of the Dog lovers. And the reason is simple … The Others simply don’t have enough proof to support their claim. No one, no one I know, atleast, has seen a dog eat dog. Dog lovers on the other hand routinely claim their Rovies, Bovies and Snoopies to be their best friends. Some even consider them their ‘jaan’ and ‘son’.

However, given an option - I would like to be known as a small dog lover. Just so that this is clear: However given an option – I would like to be known as a ‘small dog’ lover.

Just in case some big dogs and bitches are reading this – Chill guys! Nothing personal against you. But its just that small dogs seem so much more fun. They seem to express more, they dance more, they bark more, they attract attention more, they cause trouble more, they seem cute more, they seem vulnerable more, they even seem to need us more than you do. You guys need to express more. You know what I mean?

But you what’s the best part of loving dogs – small or big or medium or black or white or staying in a bungalow or staying in the verandah outside my house? Atleast this time, the feeling seems to be mutual.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Blogger Rajk said...

"However, given an option - I would like to be known as a small dog lover. Just so that this is clear: However given an option – I would like to be known as a ‘small dog’ lover."

Loved this part the best. Lynne Truss sure has an effect, doesn't she?

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Rashmi said...

"You guys need to express more. You know what I mean?"

lol.. nice post. Intersting blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home