The Daily Travelogue

Someone I really like once said. "While describing life's journey, it should be almost impossible to seperate fact from fiction - the truth from the myth - the man from the legend'. I completely agree.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Did it really happen?

I was going through a travel site few days back and came across Hampi.
A smile spread across my face - it was instinctive, involuntary.

The smile wasn't like the one you have after reading C&H in the TOI every morning, but more like the smile you have when you remember a funny thing from a long time back. You smile to yourself.

I was transported to a different realm - one long past - the memories so blurred so that I am not even sure if the incident really happened.

It was my first job. The venue - Head Office of one of India's largest IT company.
It was a really nice, beautiful, green, homely campus - ok, not homely maybe.

And like all campuses, it had - A main gate.
And like all campuses, just before entering the main gate there was - A speed breaker.

What, probably, was unlike other campuses was the solemn sign that stood guard right at the main gate, day and night, reading the same thing in nice, bold, red letters - 'HUMP AHEAD' !

It seemed more like a command or call to duty from the CEO to all those who entered through that gate, rather than a statutory warning to all motorists, that it was supposed to be...

I have seen similar 'HUMP AHEAD' signs on Bangalore roads without giving too much thought (to the sign or otherwise), but watching it at the main gate of the Head Office of one of India's largest IT company really makes me think - did it really happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home