The Daily Travelogue

Someone I really like once said. "While describing life's journey, it should be almost impossible to seperate fact from fiction - the truth from the myth - the man from the legend'. I completely agree.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Seven people you meet in a gym - Part 1

A gym is a funny place.
As in, not a place which is funny; but a place where you can have fun - just by observing.

I like observing.
I like to have fun.
I like to have fun by observing.

I know, it’s not a syllogism.

Librans are not good at syllogisms.
I am a Libran.
I am not good at syllogisms

I am digressing.

The point is - - A gym can be a funny place.

And there is a theory, like the six degrees of separation theory verified by Mr. Orkut Buyukkokten, that - - there are seven types of people that one meets in a gym - - any gym.

  1. The I am getting married (giggle) Type
  2. The Lookers
  3. The Burn Fat Earn Fat Type
  4. The I want six pack Type
  5. The I am here because of my girlfriend/wife (The Bitch) Type 1
  6. The I am here because of my girlfriend/wife Type 2 and obviously,
  7. The Others (Remember, this is a ‘Seven Type People’ theory)

1. The I am getting married (giggle) Type

Specimen is usually in late twenties – can be spotted fitted into tight new Adidas slacks – tight at all the wrong places, though. They are such a common phenomena that social scientists (funded by wedding planners) are even working on building a model to predict the date of their marriage by the look of sincerity on their face while they exercise.

(Hey! I am not getting married. Don’t stare at my tight, new Adidas slacks)

2. The Lookers

These are scientifically crazy though, I must admit, extremely logical. They believe in the alternative work out therapy. They argue, if its just a matter of just increasing the heart beat at an unsustainable level - staring at beautiful girls in Adidas tights works just fine – enough to get heart beat till 180. Charming theory, devastating results.

3. The Burn Fat Earn Fat Type

These are the most difficult ones to identify. I almost missed this type - till my room-mate joined a gym. And they are curious little creatures (little as in when a momma pachyderm calls her 2 ton son – ‘little’). Their only purpose in joining a gym is to get hungry and use their Sodexho coupons. And it can cause some troubles too… like the other day when my cook almost quit saying 'Bhaiyya, aap ke ghar main 2 seer hain par 10 pet hain (Raavan ki tarah)!!”.
And yes, they feel guilty after they stuff themselves – but guilt also makes them hungry – which in turn makes them happy.

Curious little creatures, these are.
---------
(Coming up, after a Breezer errrr.. I mean breather)

4. The I want six pack Type

5. The I am here because of my girlfriend/wife (The Bitch) Type 1

6. The I am here because of my girlfriend/wife Type 2

7. The Others

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Ashish said...

Hey - You still need to complete this post...interesting observations :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home